PERIODONTICS / GUM DISEASE
A periodontic dentist is a specialist dentist who has studied the supporting structures of teeth, diseases and the conditions that can cause them.
Gum Disease is a common problem caused by poor oral hygiene but can also be caused by poor nutrition, smoking or medical issues such as diabetes.
Signs and symptoms:
· Bad breath · Redness or the swelling of the gums · Bleeding during brushing
· Loose teeth · Receding gums
Although gum disease can be prevented by regular brushing and flossing, treatment may still be required. Simple solutions can include a professional scale and polish although, in some cases, more extensive work could still be required.
Bone Grafts: Artificial bone replaces original bone lost as a result of gum disease; the graft will help with the stability of teeth and reduce the risk of tooth loss.
Flap Surgery: Incisions are made in the gums to open them up and remove and plaque or tartar which may have built up. When placed back in position they are moved closer to the teeth to prevent any harmful bacteria growing.
Soft Tissue Graft: This is soft tissue which is moved to reduce the gap caused by receding gums.
Descale & Polish: 30 Min
Day 1: Operation
Day 7: Removing the stitches
PRICE (STARTING FROM)
Descale & Polish: £40
Bone Graft: £110
Flap Operation: £10 / Per tooth
Additional treatments that must be done effects on the total price.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the noticeable symptoms?
Bleeding during brushing, gums which have pulled away from the teeth, bad breath, redness and swelling.
Brush and floss regularly, stop smoking if you can and schedule regular visits to your dentist to help keep your smile healthy.
How long does it take to scale and polish my teeth?
If you take care of your dental hygiene and if your visit your hygienist regularly, the process shouldn’t take more than 30-45 minutes. Larger deposits of plaque which have hardened on can take longer to remove so the procedure may take a little longer.
What are the procedures?
During the procedure, the dentist will remove potentially harmful plaque, calculus and stains which cause gum disease, poor aesthetics and even more severe dental issues.
What factors can increase the risk of periodontal disease?
As well as irregular visits to your dentist, gum disease can be caused by smoking or using chewing tobacco, diabetes, certain types of medication, bridges that no longer fit properly, crooked teeth, old fillings and even pregnancy.
A SUMMARY OF HOLIDENT
15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Holident in Fethiye to provide best dental treatments available for over 15 years of experience. We would like to assure our customers that a qualified dental surgeon and not a general dental practitioner will carry out our implant procedures; indeed, all our treatment is completed by specialist dentists and not by general dental practitioners or hygienists.
We provide the best possible service and the latest dental treatments in Fethiye. You can find any of dental needs in Holident Fethiye such as; Implants, crowns, veneers, root canal treatment, laser whitening, aesthetic fillings, sedatiın dentistry, orthodontics (braces and invisalign treatments).
EXPANDED EXPERT TEAM
- After leaving university in 2002, Dt Çagatay Aras started his professional career at the local state hospital in Fethiye. After a few years gaining experience, he opened his own clinic in 2004 and served an increasing number of patients – particularly those coming from abroad. Holident is founded at 2014 with the participation of his friend Dr.Tonguc Kavasoglu (from Marmara University.) Dt.Cagatay Aras has achieved over 5000+ patients who had cosmetic treatments such as crowns, veneers, dental bridges, implant supported crowns, aesthetic fillings. He never stop searching the best for his profession. He joined to master programme of Digital Dentistyin Siena University / Italy at 2019. Dt.Cagatay Aras is leading the digital dentistry which brings the best and fastest results for veneers, crowns and other cosmetic treatments.
- Dr Tonguç Kavasoglu attended the New York and Virginia Commonwealth exchange programme where he continued his studies and also studied periodontology in Turkey, receiving his doctorate in 2009. He is still a member of European Association of Osteointegration, the European Federation of Periodontology and the Nobel Biocare Academy. After five years of practical experience, he moved to Fethiye, and joined his university friend Çagatay at Holident in 2014. He has a huge experience of implant operations with over 2000 implant operations in Holident. All-on-4, teeth in a day and dentistry under sedation are his personel interest about his profession.
- Patients requiring root canal work are in the safe hands or Dr.Dt. Irmak Eroglu. She has graduated Istanbul University, Faculty of Dentistry and joined to Holident Team after working the most popular dental hospitals in Istanbul. “Saving the natural tooth” is our priority and so we are more than happy to work with an endodontist to serve the best for root canal treatments.
- After his graduation from Ege University in İzmir, Dt Olcay Çelik worked in private clinics in Switzerland, Çanakkale and Fethiye but now brings his extensive experience to the Holident team. He is also fluent in both English and German. He is in charge of crowns, veneers, dental bridges or implant supported crowns.
- Dr Dt Selin Kaya heads our orthodontics team offering advice on braces and Invisalign options. She is known with her fast results and called as a shining star at invisalign treatments. Invisalign treatment is suitable for both children and adults. Both moderate and slight misalignment can be corrected by using the transparent Invisalign braces. Why not to book a free consultation, If you are looking for invisalign aligners.
- Erhan Kaya is also a graduate from Marmara University Faculty of Dentistry and specialises in cosmetic dentistry. He moved to Fethiye after working for over 20 years in Istanbul –Impladent Dental Hospital. If you are looking for bonding, or aesthetic white fillings you will be in safe hands.
We provide best dental technologies in Holident:
- Treatment units: KaVo ESTETICA™ E80 and Dentsply Sirona C4 which offers simple operation, integrated solutions, smooth workflow, and automated hygiene—encompassed within a unique ergonomic suspended chair.
-Imaging Solutions: The KaVo OP 3D Award winning innovations for panoramic, cephalometric and 3D imaging. Viruo Vivo is created for dental professionals who want to benefit from the advantages of digital dentistry.
-Implant Systems: Straumann® the world’s leading brands for confidence in implantology and beyond creating innovative technologies. You can find best implant brands of the world in Holident Dental Hospital.
Nucleoss which is Turkey’s first manufacturer of dental Implants and today reaching 33 countries and FDA approved dental implants company. Holident recommends Nucleoss implants as an cost effective alternative and happy with the results over 300+ implants.
-Laser Whitening Technologies: The brand of the gel and the laser machine should be asked in advance by the patient. Holident uses Beyond Laser Whitening Gel and it’s latest equipment; POLUS ADVANCED. BEYOND has been awarded the best whitening brand for 9th years in a row.
Since we were established in 2002, the Holident philosophy has been to keep up to date on current technologies and techniques so we can be sure to offer our patients the best possible service. As a result we have attended seminars, exhibitions, conferences and training sessions all over the globe; we are indebted to a long list of pioneers and ground-breaking experts who have helped us be the best we can be. However, now it’s our turn and 2020 is the year that we share 15 years of experience through the Holident Academy.
BEST PRODUCTS & AFFORABLE PRICING & GUARANTEED TREATMENT
You may have seen some dentists offering cheaper implants. However, what may not be made clear is that the cost of the bone graft, abutment or crowns may be higher so the total ends up being much the same. At the Holident Dental Hospital, there are no hidden costs; we promise every patient a clear treatment plan with a firm commitment on what they will pay.
FREE CHECK-UP & GUARANTEE FOR FIVE YEARS
- Our guarantee starts from the treatment day and remains valid for five years.
- The guarantee we offer is dependent on the patient having paid the full amount for their treatment.
- Two records of treatment, including photos and X-rays, will be made for each patient – one for the client and one for retention at the Holident Dental Hospital.
Please note our guarantee may no longer be valid in the following circumstances:
- If the patient does not return to Holident Dental Hospital for a routine check-up at least once in a year during the guarantee period or does not undergo a routine check-up including an X-ray once in a year in his/her country of residence. Written proof, such as an invoice or a letter from your local dentist, is required.
- If oral hygiene is neglected.
- If the dentists' instructions are not followed (for example not wearing dentures/night guard during the night).
- If removable restorations such as partial or full dentures are not kept and maintained properly.
- If the gum tissue or teeth bone is naturally receding.
- In the event of accidental damage (i.e. dropping the denture).
- If the patient loses or gains a substantial amount of weight during a short period of time.
- If the patient suffers from an illness which affects dental health (for example diabetes, epilepsy, osteoporosis, or chemotherapy).
- If a dentist in the patient’s home country has carried out any corrective or additional treatment on dental work received at Holident Dental Hospital without our prior consent.
We are easy to find on the west side of the centre of Fethiye, overlooking the marina at the corner of the Paspatur (Old Town). If you have no idea about Fethiye, you will be surprised with the options you would have. Ölüdeniz (Blue Lagoon), Gocek islands, Karmylassos, Amintas King Tombs are just a few location that must be visited. If you need assistance about the travel options please inform our patient relations team.